The Accelerometer demo app for the BBC micro:bit is used to read accelerometer data from the the BBC micro:bit and display this data as graphs in the mobile app. The data is sent from the BBC micro:bit to the mobile phone via Bluetooth.
The app can easily be modified and used as a starting point to develop other apps using the Accelerometer and Bluetooth capabilities of the BBC micro:bit. Read more below how to use the app and how to modify the app.
How to use the accelerometer demo app
Follow these simple steps to use the demo app
1. First make sure your micro:bit is paired with your Android device. Use the official BBC micro:bit app to do the pairing.
2. Download, install and run the Accelerometer demo app on your Android device
3. Start scanning for the micro:bit by pressing the ”Start button”.
4. If everything works, the app should automatically detect the micro:bit and start plotting the accelerometer data.
How to modify the accelerometer demo app
1. Download the latest version of Evothings Studio. This is a tool that enables mobile apps to be developed with web technologies:
2. Follow the instructions in this article to run and modify the Accelerometer app in Evothings Studio: https://evothings.com/doc/examples/microbit-accelerometer.html
More examples and tutorials for the BBC micro:bit can be found here:
Accelerometer demo is a free software application from the Teaching & Training Tools subcategory, part of the Education category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2016-04-26. The program can be installed on Android.
Accelerometer demo (version 1.0.0) is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 2 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.